Fall and Winter 2022 Sale: Keep in mind that listed lead times below do not apply to this sale. With the holidays around the corner, we've added capacity and which will help keep lead time's low. Happy Holidays!
We are so excited to add this ultra compact buttonless key to our key fob modification line up! We’ve been working on this project for over a year now and excited to finally open this up to early adopters!
- Please understand that this is a modification service and you will need to send your key to us.
- This is a 1 to 1 modification and the donor key you send will no longer work afterwards.
- The donor key must be properly working with your vehicle prior to sending to us.
- Added modification service is required for E and F Chassis vehicles. However, if you currently have a Gates Innovations Key Fob that you'd like to use as your donor key, you will not need the added modification service.
- We are unable to create duplicate keys.
- E Chassis
- 3 Series E90/E91 2005-2011
- 3 Series E92/E93 2007-2011
- 5 Series E60/E61 2006-2010
- Z4 E89 2009-2016
- F Chassis
- 1 Series F20/F21 2011-2018
- 2 Series F22/F23/F45/F46 2014-2018
- 3 Series F30/F31/F34/F35 2012-2020
- 4 Series F32/F36 2014-2018
- 5 Series F07/F10/F11/F18 2010-2018
- 6 Series M6 F06/F12 2012-2018
- 7 Series F01/F02/F03/F04 2009-2018
- M2 F87 2015-2021
- M3/M4 F80/F82/F83 2013-2020
- Comfort access is required as this is a buttonless key
- All donor keys must be OEM unless you're using an existing Gates Innovations Key as your donor
- Not compatible with vehicles with aftermarket alarm systems
- If you already have an existing Gates Innovations modified key, you can transition that into this buttonless key housing. Your existing key will no longer work, but is reversible and can be transitioned back if desired.
- Submit your Order.
- We manually review all orders and send an E-Mail confirmation with next steps and a ship to address within 48 hours max.
- Once we receive your key, we first test your key to ensure it’s working properly and then proceed to check your key into the work queue.
- Our estimated turnaround time will be 2-6 business days once we receive your key.
- We perform the modification service here at Gates Innovations and put your key through final tests to ensure that it’s properly working.
- Once complete, we ship your new Key that’s ready to go out of the box with no programming needed on your side.
The Minimalist Key Details
- IP65 Rated
- Minimalistic Design and Ultra Compact
- Buttonless (There are no physical buttons on this key)
- Uses Comfort Access for Lock, Unlock, Trunk Release*, Start, and Stop
- Corning Gorilla Glass with Soft Touch Chamfered Edges
- Housing Material Options:
- Machined 6061 Aluminum then Hard Hard Anodized in Platinum Grey. Ultra lightweight.
- Machined 316 Stainless Steel then PVD Coated in Space Grey. Premium heavyweight.
- Proper M Stripe Pantone Colors via Silicone Screen Printing (BMW)
- Proper GR Pantone Colors via Silicone Screen Printing (Toyota)
- Dealer service scanning will continue to function properly
- The Minimalist Buttonless Key Fob
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects
- Lifetime battery changes through Gates Innovations (customer to cover shipping costs)
- How do I use this key if there are no buttons?
- Your vehicle must have comfort access
- Lock/Unlock using your front driver/passenger side door handles
- Start/Stop ignition button in-cabin
- Exterior trunk release button
*For Supra A9X owners, because there is no physical exterior hatch release button, you will need to use your in-cabin hatch release.
- Do you offer key cutting service for this new key?
- No, this key does not have a physical key.
- How much does the new key weigh?
- Your new ultra compact minimalistic key will weigh in at 33.55g light
- I currently have a Gates Innovations key, can I send this key in?
- Yes! We can use the board inside and transfer it to the new key with minimal modifications required.
- What happens if I run out of battery?
- We install a brand new battery prior to shipping and typical life is 1-2 years when using comfort access only. As of right now, you would need to send us your key for a battery change, however we plan to have a DIY battery change kit released by the time you're due for the change.
- I realized I actually do prefer to have buttons, what can I do?
- This is completely reversible and the board can be transitioned back to a housing with buttons. Depending on the donor key you sent in, we'd work with you on getting you back into a proper housing.
- Will you send my donor key back and will it still work?
- Yes, we'll send your donor key back. This is a 1 to 1 modification, thus your donor key will no longer function after the modification has been completed.
- What happens if my alarm is going off?
- Access your vehicle with your buttonless key, hold the brake pedal, and hit the vehicle start/stop button.
- Do I need to program/code the new key to my car?
- No, your new key will function right out of the box.
- I only have one key, what are my options?
- Purchase a new key fob remote through your local BMW dealer prior to sending your key in for the modification service. You can purchase the key fob remote portion without the physical key.
- Is this safe? What happens if you break my key? How do you know my key works before you send it back?
- Because there is a human element in the modification process, a risk is going to exist. However, we've completed over one thousands keys without a single catastrophic loss. If we were to damage your key beyond repair during the modification, we would reach out immediately and cover costs associated with purchasing a new key through your local BMW dealer and also refund your modification service purchase.
- We test your key for functionality prior to performing the modification service. We use a software defined radio to read out each button press, which we capture in HEX format, to confirm initial functionality. Upon completion of the modification, we confirm each button press matches the original captured HEX strings during the initial functionality test.